The Community Fund of Bronxville, Eastchester and Tuckahoe, Inc. has launched its 2018 Campaign to raise funds for the 20+ non-profit social-service agencies and community programs that rely on grants made directly from The Community Fund.
President of the CF Board, Jim Rotenberg stated, “The Community Fund is a unique organization that will touch each of our lives at some point. Whether serving our youth, special needs, or our seniors, the Fund supports many programs for our residents that would not be possible without the funding we provide or the tireless work of our volunteers. I encourage all members of our community to learn more about the support we provide and join us to help improve the lives of our residents.”
For 98 years, The Community Fund has been supporting key community programs for the residents of the Bronxville 10708, Eastchester and Tuckahoe (BET) area, including:
• Drug and alcohol education and awareness programs for children and parents, provided by the Maxwell Institute and Eastchester and Tuckahoe D.A.R.E.
• Counseling and support services offered to cancer patients and their families through the Cancer Support Team
• Youth programs designed to foster positive relationships with local police through the Tuckahoe Police Department
• Programs and support services for our seniors provided by Eastchester Senior Programs & Services, Gramatan Village and the Bronxville and Tuckahoe Senior Centers
• State of the art ambulances that serve residents of the Bronxville, Eastchester, and Tuckahoe communities.
“We are incredibly grateful for the support of those who so generously give their time and resources to support the Community Fund.” stated Amy Korb, Executive Director of the Fund. Korb continues, “ Because of our residents’ generosity, we are able to give support to the programs and agencies that make a direct impact on our community. Over $500,000 was given to local nonprofits in just the last year. The Community Fund truly believes in local giving for local needs.”
Annette Dowling, Campaign Co-Chair for Bronxville added, “A robust Community Fund reflects the strong connective tissue that binds us all together.” The other Co-Chairs for the 2017 Campaign are Doug Meyer for Bronxville, and Michael Calano and David Scalzo for Eastchester/Tuckahoe.
The Annual Campaign each fall is the Community Fund’s principal source of fundraising each year. It’s success determines the amount of grant allocations distributed to the Fund’s member agencies and community programs serving the residents of Bronxville 10708, Eastchester and Tuckahoe.
Contributions can be made on The Community Fund website www.thecommunityfund.org, by phone (914) 337-8808 or by sending your pledge, cash or check made payable to The Community Fund, 17 Sagamore Road, Bronxville, NY 10708.